Served as a exhibitions intern for the Smithsonian Libraries’ Advancement Department.
- Authored a mini-case statement for the Smithsonian Institution’s fundraising campaign. At $1.5 billion, the Smithsonian Campaign is the largest in history for a cultural institution. As of October 31, 2015, the Campaign has raised $8.82 million for the Libraries.
- Created and disseminated sponsorship proposals to generate monetary support for the Libraries’ Fantastic Worlds exhibition.
- Researched and identified grant-making foundation and organization partners using the Foundations Center’s database.
Support educational and professional development scholarship initiatives.
- Authored a testimonial for the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) to support their 2017 Annual Conference fundraising initiative.
- Invited scholarship workshop speaker for The Catholic University of America, LIS Alumni Association Mentoring Event Series.
- Member of the District of Columbia Library Association’s Fundraising and Scholarship Committee.
Personally secured over $15,000 in external scholarship funding.
- $11,000 towards the attainment of a master’s degree:
- $4,475 towards professional conference attendance:
- $1,500 to cover registration, travel, and lodging to attend the Special Libraries Association 2014 Annual Conference.
- $875 to cover registration, travel, and lodging to attend the Special Libraries Association 2013 Military Libraries Workshop.
- $875 to cover registration, lodging, and meals to attend the American Library Association 2015 Annual Conference.
- $700 to cover registration and travel to attend the Association of College and Research Libraries 2015 Conference.
- $525 to cover travel and lodging to present at the Rutgers iSchool 2015 Research Invitational.